This practice was started by Dr Ben Shorten in 1979 to provide the very best level of care for domestic pet animals and their owners. Village Vet acquired the practice in May 2017.
We understand that your pet is a very special member of your family and our aim is to offer a friendly, caring and compassionate professional service for our patients throughout their life.
All our staff are encouraged and assisted in receiving constant professional training to ensure that they are able to provide the very highest standards of service.
The nursing staff and reception staff are able to offer advice about training, boarding, grooming and feeding of your pet. If you have any questions they will be happy to advise and assist you.
We have a broad range of services available:
- Air conditioned reception area and consulting rooms
- Microchip implantation and scanning
- Pet Passports and Export Certification
- Annual health assessments
- Modern surgical facilities; including ECG, Capnograph & Pulse-oximeter
- Digital Xray
- Rapid Laboratory results – many in 6 to 24 hours
- Full dental facilities
- Hill’s Science Plan
- Hill’s Prescription Diet