Who are we?
Village Vet is part of Linnaeus Group Limited.
Our address is 11 Belsize Terrace, Hampstead, London NW3 4AX
You can contact us on 020 7794 4948
What information is collected from you?
We may collect and store your name, address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect CCTV and telephone recording data. In very limited circumstances we may collect health information with your consent.
How information about you will be used
We may use the information you supply to us in a number of ways:
- To provide you and your pets with the products and services you purchase from us.
- For statistical analysis.
- We may use your information for debt collection purposes if you do not pay amounts owed to us when you are contractually obliged to do so
- To get feedback on the services we provide.
- We may also use your information to send you reminders about products and services you have already purchased from us by SMS, email or post. Examples include reminders about when your pet is due for a vaccination or worming treatment.
- Sending you newsletters and relevant promotions when you have requested these messages.
- We may use health data you have supplied with consent in order to tailor the service we offer to your health needs.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with any third parties for their marketing purposes. We will not sell your data on to any third parties.
Companies working on our behalf: In some situations, we use a third party company to help provide some of our services (for example processing laboratory samples or sending reminder messages when your pet’s vaccinations are due). In these circumstances, we will share only the data required to provide the service.
We have contracts in place with these third parties that ensure your data is stored safely, will not be used for purposes other than fulfilling our contract with them and will not be retained by them for longer than is necessary.
We may also be required to share your information with insurance companies when processing pet insurance claims. This is necessary to allow you to claim on pet insurance policies. When collecting unpaid debts, we may share your personal information with third party debt collection agencies.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you remain our customer. Once you cease to be our customer we may keep your personal information for up to 8 years in order to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
If you would not like to receive reminders about products and services you have purchased from us (for example vaccination or worming treatments) you can opt out of these messages by contacting the practice by telephone or in writing at any time.
We will not send you promotional material about other products and services we offer or our newsletters unless you have given your consent to receive these messages. You can update your preferences at any time by contacting the practice by telephone or in writing at any time.
Your Personal Rights
- You have the right to request access to your personal information held by us. We will respond within one month and the information will be provided free of charge. Please do this by writing using the address below: 11 Belsize Terrace, Hampstead, London NW3 4AX
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data, restrict how we use or to delete it. There may be legal or other reasons why we may need to keep using your data but please contact us if you think we should not be using it.
- You also have the right to correct any personal information you believe is incorrect. Please let us know if you think this is the case.
- You have the right to ask for your personal data to be transferred to another service provider in a useful format.
In addition to the above, we use standard cookies on our website, which also collect personal information.
Use of ‘cookies’
Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive to ‘remember’ who you are. The majority of web browsers accept cookies, but you can usually change the browser settings to restrict or block all cookies if you wish. However, please be aware that if you do, some functionality may be lost when you use this website.
Each time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. This is for statistical purposes and includes information such as IP addresses, types of browsers used to access our site, referring sites, most popular pages, path analysis, geographical and demographic information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
How do you turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for further details.
If you would like to complain about the way we have handled your data please contact us in person, by telephone or in writing by post to 11 Belsize Terrace, Hampstead, London NW3 4AX or by email at customer.care[at]villagevet.co.uk
If, following your complaint you are not happy with the outcome or our response, you are also entitled to complain to the independent regulatory authority, the ICO.
Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
This Policy was last updated in September 2018.